The Wal Mart Discover has many aspects to it that each cusmtomer needs to know aout before applying for their card. There is a very good chance that you know of the almight Wal Mart but you may not know about what it is like to be a card holder of their Discover card. If you are looking for more information on the Wal Mart Discover to have enough information to base your descision off of pertain to whether you should get one ore not, the following summary will give you what you need so you know all about what you are getting yourself into before you apply. You will be supplied with the pros and cons in the next section.
Wal Mart Discover – Pros & Cons
Here is a list of the positive aspects about the Wal Mart Discover Card.
- There are currently no annual fees to speak of with the Wal Mart Discover card.
- On the day that you apply, if your purchase is a hundred dollars or more, you will receive 20 dollars cash back.
- If you have a relatively good credit score, you can take advantage of a pretty low APR rate which can e as low as 13.9 percent.
- There is no interest to be paid on customers Wal Mart Discover card if their purchases are over 250 dollars.
- The fraud liability is free to all card holders.
- They are know for providing frequent financing options to Wal Mart Discover customers.
- The Discover card has low fees.
- There is no interest if you total balance debt is paid in full with the 25 day grace period that is offered.
Here are the negatives that come with the Discover Card.
- The rewards program on the Wal Mart Discover card is more or less, terrible. If and only if you spend 3000 dollars or more at Wal Mart with you card, you will get 1 perecent cash back. As far as spending less goes, if you spend 1500 to 2999 you get 1/2 a percent back, and if you spend anywhere between 0 and 1500 you will get 1/4 percent back, pretty weak.
- A whopping 3 cents off when using your Wal Mart Discover card at Wal Mart gas stations.
- Along with being aloud just one cash advance per day, the interest on these advances can be as high as 28 percent.
- The balance transfer fee requires 3 percent of your balance.
- If you have a lower credit score you will be paying as high as 22.9 pecent interest.
Wal Mart Discover – Conclusion
With all this information, it is pretty obvious that having a Wal Mart Discover card is pretty useless for getting deals and rewards, and considering that we are in fact talking about Wal Mart, deals are pretty much par for the course all the time, with them pretty much being known for them. If you are on the fence about getting a Wal Mart Discover card, the card really doesn’t offer anything that other cards don’t offer and teh benefits are really not that great, making this card kind of a waste of plastic unless you plan on spending big money at Wal Mart.