There are various Gap credit card payment methods that you can use in order to knock out your monthly dues. The best part about the payment methods are that the are diverse offering many different types, depending on which way your prefer to pay. Below are the Gap credit card payment methods that you can use:
- Phone -If you want to make your credit card payment to Gap by phone, you can do so by calling toll free at 1 800 427 7895 which when you are promted to say what you are calling about, say “credit card”. If you want to speak to a real person, all you have to do is keep pressing “0” until you are transferred to a customer service agent.
- Mail – You can also pay your Gap credit card payment through the mail which it is suggested that you send it out 7 days or more in advance from when your payment is due. You can pay your Gap payment by mail by filling out your statement that your receive in the mail and including a check with it for the minimum amount you need to pay, or more depending on how much you can pay. You will want to remember to write your personal Gap account number on the check, then put both the check as well as the filled out statement into the envelope they provide for you. Then you will want to send it do the address that they provide on your statement as their payment address location.
- Auto Pay Through Your Bank – You can set a certain date through your online bank account to pay your Gap credit card bill on the same day of the month each month by clicking on “bill pay” which will be located amongst your “account options”. Being that different banks have different online systems, you can call your bank and ask them exactly how to do this, but be ready with the Gap GEMP information which you will need to enter in the process, which is located on your statement.
- Online Gap Credit Card Payment – You can also use their online bill paying system to pay your Gap Credit Card Payment, which if you choose this option, you will also be able to enjoy other services like viewing your payment history, shopping online, receiving paperless statements through your email and more. You can begin paying your bills online by visiting www.gap.com which then you will want to scroll all the way down the page and click on “gap credit card”. You will then be taken to a page where you will want to click on ‘have a card” which is highighed in orange, which you will then be taken to a page where you can either login if you have already created an account, or right below the login section is a box where you can click “register” which is on the bottom right hand corner of the box. You will then be able to register for an online payment account and be able to make payments each month from the convenience of your own home, which take about 24 to 48 hours to register that you have paid.
Gap Credit Card Payment – PROS & CONS
There are two types of credit cards that Gap offers to their customers. The first card is the the in store option that is only applicable to purchases made in Gap stores or on their online store. The other is the Gap Silver which can be used in store, online as well as at any location that accepts Visa. Here is a list of pros and cons pertaining to these cards:
- As soon as you get approved on one of the credit card options, you will get 15 percent off the next time you purchase in the store or online.
- Other perks of the Gap credit card payment plan is that you get notices in adance about upcoming deals and discounts, 10 percent off anything in the store every Tuesday as well as special birthday discounts.
- Their Mastercard option gives you the opportunity to participate in their rewards program where you will get 5 points for evey dollar you spend.
- There is no annual fee for either credit card options, so you will never have to pay a yearly fee during the time that you are enrolled in the Gap credit card payment program.
- You can also use your Gap card at other locations like Old Navy, Bananna Rebublic, Athleta and Piperline, wher the rewards bonuses you receive on your Gap Mastercard will also apply
- They also provide you with free fraud liability.
- The rewards points are great and all but on their main website they offer you 2000 points, or 20 dollars in store credit just for getting on their email list, so it isn’t as great as it seems. Also if you are looking to cash in on your rewards card points at the other locations other than Gap, you will come away empty handed as the rewards points are only redeemable on items in the Gap stores. They also aren’tforever as they expire after 24 months.
- If you are looking for a low APR, the Gap credit card payment plan will fail you here. APR rates have been seen as high as 24.99 percent and the APR rate is subject to fluctuation.
- The rewards program doesn’t apply to the in store credit card, pretty much making shopping just shopping with a payment option.
- You only receive 1 rewards point for every dollar you spend outside of the Gap locations.
- It has been reported multiple times that customer services is sub par. With some reviews saying that they were just plain terrible in this category.
- It has also been reported by many thay while being in the Gap credit card payment program, they often didn’t even receive their monthly bill statement, some for as long as 6 months.
- Although they advertise that it gives you free shipping on orders over a 100 dollars, they offer on their main website free shipping over 50 dollars for everyone.
Gap Credit Card Payment – Conclusion
Considering the information stated above, having a Gap credit card payment has its benefits but the postives don’t really seem to outweigh the benefits enough to say that it is a good call to go with. If you plan on spending a lot on mechandise at Gap or any other other stores that they are affiliated with then it may be beneficial to you to be on the Gap credit card payment plan, but if not it simply doesn’t provide you with enough incentive to carry a card if you shop sparingly at the Gap.